Have you been in a rush to find a parking space in the city? If so, you may have made the choice to park your vehicle illegally in the hopes that no one will notice. However, the officials in a city are very diligent and will fine you with a parking ticket. Do not take the risk. Learn what it takes to find legal parking spaces so you can follow the laws of the area.
During the day or night, you must be careful about driving in the bustling city. Keeping an eye on the road is important as well as being aware of your surroundings. Staying true to driving best practices can help you stay safe and avoid breaking the rules. Here are some reminders so you can stay on the right side of the law when it comes filling a parking space:
- Read all of the parking signs carefully to confirm whether or not you can leave you car in a particular space.
- Do not park within 5 feet of a driveway, or block of driveway for that matter.
- Stay a good 10 feet away from a fire hydrant so emergency personnel can get to it in case of a fire.
- If there are spaces surrounding or near a crosswalk, make sure to stay at least 20 feet away for safety.
- After you have found a legal parking space and have parked the car, you must take the keys out of the ignition and lock the doors.
- Never park under bridges. This is extremely dangerous.
- When you are dropping your children off at school, look at the signs. Do not park in a school zone during certain hours on the day.
- When you park, make sure you check all of your mirrors before turning on your signal. When leaving, always look over your shoulder before pulling out.
At Partner Agency, we hope these tips help you find parking spaces easier in the city. You can also use these reminders wherever you travel. If you feel you require protection for your vehicle in case of a mishap in the city or the country, having our auto insurance is a good solution. We can help you explore options to create a unique policy at an affordable price. Let us be your loyal partner throughout this process!