June is here and school is out, what better time to take a road trip? Before you do, Partner Agency wants to make sure your car is in good condition for an enjoyable and safe trip. Here are our summer road trip tips!
What to check
- Fluids: First thing to check are the fluids in your car; like a human body, cars also need to have their fluids replenished.
- Hoses and Belts: Make sure to check the hoses and belts to make sure they are tight and secured.
- Tires: It is important to examine the treads on your tires; the tread needs to be deep enough for sufficient traction. If the tread is worn out, it may be time to replace those tires. Don’t forget to check your tire pressure as well. During the summer your tires should be inflated closest to their maximum but never too much as it could cause a blowout. Be sure your car carries a spare, just in case.
- Brakes: Brakes are another important system you want to make sure is in tiptop shape.
- Air Conditioning: It be awful for the air conditioning to stop working during a summer road trip. Get it checked!
- Battery: When was the last time you replaced it? It might be time to get a new one.
- Lights: You need to see, and cars need to be able to see you, make sure your lights are all working. Plus, you don’t want to get a ticket for a headlight being out!
If you are planning a road trip, you may want to take your car to an expert; explain you are going on a road trip and you want to make sure everything is in working order
Before you hit the road
Okay, the car seems to be in working order. Now, don’t forget these items for your epic road trip:
• Snacks – You’ll get hungry! • Games – You’ll get bored. • Cellphones & Chargers (like we need to tell you…) • Maps & Guidebooks – Yes, we know it’s the age of smart phones but, just in case there is no service anywhere! (A scary thought.) • Emergency Car Kit - This is a MUST! You need to be prepared in case anything were to happen.
Partner Agency wants you to have a fun and enjoyable road trip, which is why we urge you to take the above precautions. But before any road trip, you need to have your car insured. Make sure you know your insurance coverage on your car in case of any accidents. If you have any questions about auto insurance, Partner Agency would be happy to assist. Give us a call today!
There are no comments yet.