Here are 5 tips to help reduce your carbon footprint this Earth Day!
- Take showers instead of baths. Most showers use less water than a bath does. If you really want to reduce water, turn off the water during the time you lather shampoo and soap.
- Wash laundry with cold water. Approximately 90% of the energy used by a laundry machine is used to heat the water.
- Buy local. Buying local foods and products helps reduce the amount of fuel necessary to bring those items to you.
- Replace bulbs with Compact Florescent Bulbs. Compact Florescent Bulbs (CF Bulbs) live up to 15 times longer than your standard bulb, and they use less energy.
- Carpool or use public transit. Not only will you decrease your carbon footprint by using public transit or carpooling, but you will also decrease your auto insurance premium!
Do you have any tips for reducing energy use and recycling? Please comment below!