El Nino brings rain, and rain brings flood. Are you ready?
Flooding is the USA’s number 1 national disaster; in the past 5 years all 50 states have experienced floods and/or flash floods. You don’t need to be in a flood plain to be at risk of flooding, and only a few inches of of flood water can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage.
As we discussed in last week’s blog this year’s flood chances in California are much higher as El Nino is predicted to bring plenty of rain to the parched state.
Anywhere it rains, it can flood. Are you prepared?
What can I do to help protect my property from flood?
Flood waters can be relentless and destructive. However, there are certain steps you can take to help limit the affects of a flood.
- Clean your gutters, and make any necessary repairs to them
- Clear all debris away from your downspouts
- Make sure your drains are all cleared and functional
- Use sandbags to help create extra protection around your house
- Decrease your pool’s water levels, and make sure there is no debris in your drains and filters
However, the best way to protect your home in a flood is to secure flood insurance.
Call us today at (714)482-9500 to get a free flood insurance quote!